Saturday, February 1, 2014
Finally Back in Ecuador!
Sooooo yesterday evening, I flew into Ecuador, and arrived late last night. My flight (thank God), actually was one of the best flights I’ve ever been on! Oswaldo (one of the missionaries) and his father, greeted me at the airport, and took me back to their apartment. It was there where I was greeted by Denise (the other missionary/Ozzy’s wife)! I was super exhausted, so I grabbed a bite to eat, and went straight to bed.
Early this morning, I was awakened by construction workers making a bunch of racket (lol), but I was excited to open the curtains and see the beauty of Ecuador that I had missed oh so much! Later that morning, Ozzy and I went to an outreach that his church was having. We cleaned the windows of cars that would stop at the red lights on the streets; give them a card with the church information on it; and of course, tell them about Jesus! It was such an awesome and fun experience!
When we got back to Ozzy and Denise’s apartment we had lunch, and then Denise helped me settle into “Bethel,” the apartment below them we stayed in when we were here in October! She informed me that I would be alone here for a few days until the next team arrived sometime next week; but she welcomed me to come up to their apartment anytime. As she left Bethel, I thought, “wow, there’s no TV or internet here, and I am all alone.” I guess you could say I got a little homesick for a bit (yes, already), then I decided to just not sit and stare at the wall (lol). So I got up, opened the window, and found a nice little spot to just look outside and read my bible for a little while; let's just say I found my "safe haven." When I began to read, the Lord began to comfort me; He let me know that I wasn’t alone, and that although there was no TV or internet, it was all for a reason: TO SPEND TIME WITH HIM! It made me realize how much I watched TV and used the internet back home; which seemed to be a hindrance to hearing His voice. BTW, I am not saying watching TV or being on the internet is a bad thing; don’t get me wrong, I love it! There just obviously needs to be a balance in my/your life: MORE of Jesus and LESS of everything else!
With that being said, I just wanted to let everyone know how my first day back is going! I want to thank all of you, once again, for your prayers and financial support. Please continue to keep me in your prayers as I embrace this new journey God has called me to!
P.S. I will most likely blog about how my week went on Sunday nights, so stay tuned for more post to come!
Hablamos más tarde de Ecuador,
M.C.F :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

PROUD of you! I love you! You are in my prayers! ♥ Muahhhh#
ReplyDelete