
I've been in Ecuador for a little over a week now! Monday through Friday, I was at an orphanage I got to visit last time I was here. I saw some of the kids I got to meet last time, and then I met some new kids! I barely got to go to the baby house, which was totally okay because I got to spend a lot of time with the toddlers! It was mostly a pretty week, so we got to play outside a lot. When it was "down time," after lunch, I would help the Tia's (aunt's in spanish/caregivers) do laundry, clean up the kitchen, do dishes, etc. I also got to spend one-on-one time with AJ and AL (I will not use their names for privacy purposes)! I got to color with them, jump on the trampoline, watch TV, etc.; but mostly I got to love on them. I really enjoyed this because it allowed me to connect with the both of them on a more personal level! It allowed me to take time out and pray for them individually; which was a very special bonding time. I also bonded with one the Tia's: Tia L! I would teach her English words when I would see her, and she would write whatever word I taught in her journal. You should've seen the joy on her face when I taught her a new word; she got all excited and even started dancing! She wanted to know how to spell the word and how to spell the pronunciation of the word. It was crazy cool :)
Overall, I had an awesome first week back, and an amazing time volunteering at FHC! Next week I will be headed to another orphanage in another city for two weeks! I am excited to see what all God has in store for me there! Please continue to keep me in your prayers. I will be blogging at the end of each week (Sundays), so stay tuned!
At the end of each blog, I will list my highs and lows for the week, so here they are:
Highs: Spending personal time with AJ and AL
Lows: Missing my family and friends back home
Chow for now,
M.C.F. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment