Monday, February 24, 2014

Third Week Back in Ecuador...


This past week has honestly been the toughest on my health since I've been here. Normally, people get sick the first couple days they've been in Ecuador; or maybe even the first week. But no, I decide to get sick the week before I leave Ecuador and the last week I am in Riobamba.

My allergies started bothering me last Monday, and Tuesday I went into work at the orphanage and I just couldn't do it; I felt so weak...So I decided to take a bunch of meds and just stay in and rest. After I woke up, I wasn't feeling significantly better, but I felt well enough to go back to work Wednesday. So as the week went on, my allergy problem started to get better. BUT, just as I thought my health was improving, they had a stomach bug going around with some of the children at the orphanage...and guess who got it? YUP, I DID! Ugh I felt so terrible--I haven't felt like that in a long time. Since Saturday, I've been trying to get over this stomach bug. Yesterday I started to feel a little better, but this morning I woke up not feeling well again! So I've had to take TWO days off from working in the orphanage; not to mention, I leave Tuesday morning. Today is my last day in Riobamba and I am so upset I will not be able to be with the children...Please continue to keep my health in your prayers! On to a better note, the time I've got to spend with the kids while I've been well, has been AMAZING! I seriously love these kids here and I am sad to leave them tomorrow morning, but I know I will be back!

Through all the health chaos, I actually planned a fast for this past week. Even though I wanted to give in at times, I stuck with my fast and the Lord surely confirmed everything I'd been praying and seeking Him for; on the last day of my fast, of course (the Lord is never late, but He's always on time)! A lot of people like to blame the devil for everything bad that happens in their lives. I feel as though the issues with my health, have been a distraction from the devil, but mainly, a test from God; especially during this time of fasting for me. Let's not give the devil more credit than he deserves!

Like I 'd mentioned, God confirmed so much with me and where I am headed! I cannot wait to share with you guys when I get back!

HIGHS:
1) Being able to bond with one of the little boys by holding him when he wasn't feeling well. I thought of what my mom did for me when my stomach would hurt when I was younger: she would rub my back/stomach, pray over me, and sing to me. So that's exactly what I did--it was a special bonding time!
2) Being able to lead worship at a church here in Riobamba was an awesome experience! I even got to lead the bridge of "Oceans" in Spanish with another girl :)

LOWS:
1) Getting sick, not once, but twice!
2) Not being able to spend my last two days here with the children :(

With Love,
M.C.F.

No comments:

Post a Comment