Hi ya'll (in my country accent),
I have not been on here in awhile, and I've missed posting on here; I have just been really swamped! So I thought I would share a little bit of what's been going on in my life:
As some of you may know, I was supposed to be leaving for a mission trip to Siguatepeque, Honduras on October 12th, with Visiting Orphans; but some things changed. A requirement for VO is that you have to have at least 4 members on your team, which I knew we would for sure have that. Things happened with some of the other possible team members and we ended up having only 3 team members. Around the same time we were coming to the conclusion we needed to figure out what to do about only having 3 team members, they were having major drug cartel problems in Honduras. So basically, there was no way we could go there. I started getting really discouraged and began to panic because I knew that God wanted me on this trip; I was just running out of options. I decided to stop freaking out and just place it all in God's hands. As soon as I did that, one of the trip coordinators from VO asked if we would be interested in joining the Quito, Ecuador team. Which just so happened to be leaving and returning at the same time were supposed to; not to mention it was the same exact price! They had a small group as well, so it worked our perfect--I just knew this was a God thing!
Like any other person would, I worried about my finances and how I would get to Ecuador. God being the mighty God He is, showed up like He always does: within days of my deadline for my money being due, my entire trip was paid off! Hallelujah--Praise The Lord--He is good ALL THE TIME (can I get an AMEN)!!!
Now, being less than 4 weeks away from being with the beautiful orphans in Ecuador, I am overjoyed and cannot wait to embark on this amazing journey God has placed in front of me. I honestly cannot even explain this feeling to you: just to know that I will be able to hold and love on these amazingly precious children of God is astonishing, and brings me to tears! I am so blessed that God has chosen me to do such an amazing thing.
I am committing to posting EVERYDAY while I am in Ecuador (which will be 7 days)! I will be posting about the country, the people, the food, the orphans, the orphanages, and any other amazing things I encounter while I am there! So be sure to subscribe to my blog so you can find out all the awesome things we will be doing while we are in Ecuador. Until then, peace out!
Roar'n,
M.C.F :)

No comments:
Post a Comment